Thursday, February 23, 2012

#BeanWatch {40 weeks!}

By now, you would think that you would finally be meeting our little Bean. Well, welcome to the club. Haha. Now, I know that babies don't normally ever make their arrival on their due date, I have accepted that fact. But I would like to think that some progress would be made by now. Instead we are now on what we have coined as "Bean Watch"!
We had an OB appointment on Wednesday with one of the doctors that we really like. I had my cervix checked again this week and I am still not dilated but she said that I was 50% effaced and the baby was at -2 station in my pelvis. (And now that I think about it, maybe the lady said that last week as well but I might have misheard her... Who knows.) In any case, the doctor said that in first pregnancies it is normal to efface before dilating. I am not sure if she was just trying to make me feel better or not, but I'll take it. Also, the nurse who checked us in said that what I have been experiencing could very well be mild contractions and not just braxton hicks, so that's good. I guess I have been expecting pain more so than just tightness and pressure, but maybe that means this won't be as painful as I am imagining. Haha! One other thing is that the doctor did not force me to pick an induction date this week. She was on board with me wanting to wait it out and she seemed excited that I was hoping for a natural birth, so that was really reassuring.

This week has been really on edge for us. With her due date coming and going, we are seriously trying to relax and spend time together and get last minute things done... but all that is on our mind is when is this little girl going to make her appearance into the world!? The 18th was Brad's dad's birthday and he really wanted a granddaughter for his birthday but she had other plans. (Haha, sorry Dad!) And my birthday is this Sunday, so maybe she is aiming to steal my birthday from me! Only time will tell. I have been walking every day and that seems to make my belly get really tight (and it's also making my legs really sore, ugh). After I post this, I am going to pump up my exercise ball and get to bouncing on that because a few people told me that worked for them. Spicy food doesn't do anything for me because I've been eating spicy food for the past 9 months, haha. So, I have tried all the natural ways to jump start this thing, but I must make a really comfy living quarters. And as long as she is happy and healthy, I am okay with her staying in there. We are just getting really anxious to finally meet her! <3
Not much room left in there, maybe you should come out. ;)
From BabyCenter.com:
It's hard to say for sure how big your baby will be, but the average newborn weighs about 7 1/2 pounds and is about 20 inches long. Her skull bones are not yet fused, which allows them to overlap a bit if it's a snug fit through the birth canal during labor. This so-called "molding" is the reason your baby's noggin may look a little conehead-ish after birth. Rest assured — it's normal and temporary.

So like I said, not much left to do but wait... And finish packing the hospital bag. And finish the thank you cards. And finish the mobile I'm making. And maybe clean the house. Haha.
Crossing our fingers that next week's blog will be featuring our new addition.

<3 Brad, Jenna, & Bean

3 comments:

  1. OK girlie! I visited this site a lot in the 24 hours before Ben arrived:
    http://wrylilt.hubpages.com/hub/Ways-to-induce-Labour-Naturally

    I did #17, (cough #24/#29 cough)and #31. Plus Charley had me doing jumping jacks (she suggested 100...) the night before. I started having contractions at 10:30am the following morning. They did not hurt, like you said yours don't, so I really thought it was false labor. You would think it would hurt more, but it doesn't always, so don't ignore your body and those tingly-feeling contractions!
    Been thinking of you! I think it's going to be really soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-), Jenna... I think it's simply too nice in there, Bean doesn't want to come out at all, you must have been spoiling Bean already.
    One of our neighbours went over her due-date for all 3 kids, one of which was 2.5 weeks 'late', but because everything seemed fine in there, the doctors didn't consider to induce it.
    I hope you will not need to have that much patience, but brace yourself because one of the next few days, your life's going to be turned upside down and then again ;-) ... AND you'll love every second, minute, hour,... of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photo, and your blog makes me really happy. You should see me. I'm smiling. I really can't wait to meet Bean. Happy Birthday tomorrow! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete