Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Probably not this week... {39 weeks!}

With our due date only 6 days away, you would think I would be feeling something... ANYTHING... right about now. But no. I am as snug as a bug in a rug. Well, actually, that's Bean. She is far too comfortable where she is, which is fine by me, but apparently frowned upon to the professionals. Our last two appointments they doctors have brought up setting a date for induction. Finally today I told them that I don't want to be induced and boy was she shocked. I mean, sure at this point I am sure most normal women are ready for their pregnancy to be over, but I love being pregnant and it's not bothering me to keep her in there until she is ready. So I am hoping that she will come when she is ready but before the doctors force me into induction. Come on Bean, you have 2 more weeks until they evict you, pick your day wisely. ;)

So on top of the fact that we are 6 days away from our due date and I am not feeling any onset of labor, neither are the doctors. This morning I was told that I was negative 2 dilated. I don't even know what that means. Haha. I didn't think you could be negative amounts dilated. But I am. Awesome. Everything else looks good though. No high blood pressure. Bean is still in the correct position. We are really just waiting on her. So she will either be on time, which does not run in this family at all, or late... just like we normally are. Haha. The hardest part of all of this is that we have NO IDEA when it is going to happen and that makes me a little nervous. Sometimes I am afraid to leave the house in fear that my water will break in the most inopportune place. Oh! That reminds me of a funny story actually. Last week, I was walking into my office at work and I noticed that water was leaking from me. I kind of freaked out a little bit trying to figure out if it was from me or not... But after a second I realized that one of my water bottles had opened and was leaking from my bag. HUGE sigh of relief followed by a lot of laughter on my part. Not the way I wanted to start my Friday. Hahaha. In any case, I am now working from home so I can get some rest and finish up things around the house. It is nice to not have to worry about getting up early and sitting at work being constantly asked if I had the baby yet. Really, people? Does it look like I had the baby yet?... I have been taking advantage of this time to get in as many naps as I can before sleep becomes a thing of the past to me.

As for being prepared... I guess we are as ready as we can be. We have the essentials that we need to get by and I think it would be better to wait until she gets here to stock up on things like diapers. We have enough for now, I hope. We have a car seat to get her home in, some clothes for her to wear, a crib for her to sleep in, and a monitor to watch her sleep. Ha. I don't have the hospital bag packed yet, but it's on my to do list. I am not too concerned about that. I don't plan on rushing straight to the hospital upon the onset of labor. I want to spend as much of my early labor as possible at home, so I should have time between contractions to throw things in a bag. ;)

Brad has been the biggest support to me. He isn't expecting a lot out of me nowadays and is really appreciative when I do get something done no matter how small the task. I am lucky to have him as my husband and soon to be father of our child. <3
He even painted my toenails for me this week:

I picked up some Red Raspberry Leaf tea this week, which is suppose to help promote strong uterine muscles and make labor easier. I think I also read that it helps bring labor into motion. We have planned long walks over the weekend and I have got some advice to bounce on an exercise ball, do squats, and have sex to help move labor along. It can't hurt, right? Just giving Bean a little encouragement. ;)

As for the belly... I thought it was dropping but maybe it isn't? 
I can't tell anymore. Haha.
Info from BabyCenter.com:
Your baby's waiting to greet the world! She continues to build a layer of fat to help control her body temperature after birth, but it's likely she already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of her skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.

That's really all that we have going on right now. We have two more date nights planned, one tonight and one on Friday night. We are trying to spend as much time as we can as just the two of us before we move on to the next adventure of our life. :)

Hopefully next week's blog post will have a picture of Bean out of my belly. ;)

<3 Brad, Jenna, & Bean

1 comment: