Thursday, August 18, 2011

13 weeks!

According to some books I am officially out of the first trimester, according to others it is until next week. All I know is, this week I have thrown up for the first time this whole pregnancy, TWICE. For those people who say that you feel better in the second trimester, I think that only pertains to people who throw up their entire first trimester, because I don't feel good a lot of the time. C'est la vie.

I'm sorry my updates have been a little late the past few weeks, we have been busy at work and moving. I really need to get back on schedule, which means I should be updating on Tuesdays because that is when I hit my new week. But we will see what the doctor says at our appointment on Monday. Maybe the baby is ahead of schedule. ;)

This week the baby is the size of a peach in length, so about 3 inches long. (And yes, I bought all 5 because they smelled so good and I want to make a peach cobbler this weekend!)

This is what Baby Center says about our baby this week:
"Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long and weighs nearly an ounce."

And the bump:
Next week's update will be much more exciting, I promise, because we get to see our baby on Monday (Brad's birthday!). So hopefully we will have a new picture of him/her to share!

<3 Brad & Jenna

3 comments:

  1. Feeling sick sucks! I threw up for the first time on Wednesday and I was kinda ticked that I wasted my breakfast! You are so right, it only gets better if you were sick earlier. Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brad - I feel for your wife. :(

    Alyson - I can't wait for our date this weekend! <3

    Kayla - Yeah, I threw up tacos. Mexican food is my favorite and I'll be upset if this baby decides that they don't like Mexican food. Haha.

    ReplyDelete