Thursday, September 8, 2011

Growing Pains {16 weeks}


Our house is finally looking more like a home. We spent a good part of our long Labor Day weekend getting things in place but we still have some more work to do. Once it is done I will post some pictures. Besides cleaning up the house, we spent our long weekend relaxing and spending some quality time together.

We hit 16 weeks on Tuesday. My belly is looking a little more round but I have yet to feel the Bean. I have been getting some growing pains in my uterus and my back has been killing me. Oh the joys of pregnancy. I am loving the second trimester though. I feel good 90% of the time, which is a huge improvement from a few weeks ago.

We scheduled our "anatomy scan" at the hospital for October 5th, but I really wasn't feeling the vibe that I got from the receptionist. She made it clear that this was not a "gender scan" but an "anatomy scan" so the doctor can take measurements and make sure the baby is growing correctly. She said that if we wanted to know the gender that we had to make sure to tell the tech that because if you don't they won't tell you. What?! It's like people don't understand how much of a big deal having a baby is to some people. It kind of hurt my feelings. So, I did some research and found a place out in town that will do a 2D gender reveal for $65. I just want this moment to be special and I want the person doing the ultrasound to be excited for us and I don't feel like I will get that from the hospital. And if they are and I am completely wrong, there is no harm done really. Plus that means that we will know what we are having 2 weeks sooner! Yay! So that appointment is scheduled for September 20th. :)

What are your guessing on the gender? I have a lot of people telling me that Bean is a boy based on old wives' tales about your symptoms and stuff. I think it's a boy because my belly is getting super hairy, haha, and I read somewhere that excessive hair is caused by the extra testosterone from a boy fetus.

I love having a doppler at home so I can hear Bean's heart pumping away. It really is the sweetest sound. <3
This was from yesterday. :)

This week the baby is the size of an avocado! And since we love guacamole, I actually ran out to the store and picked some up. ;)
Some info about the baby as per BabyCenter.com:
Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.
And the belly.
(These are my new maternity pants!)

Hopefully next week I will be back to posting on Wednesdays. ;)

<3 Brad & Jenna

1 comment:

  1. awwww so sweet & maternity pants are the bomb! I won't even tell you how long I had mine before I finally gave them away. =) <3

    ReplyDelete