Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Goodbye 2011 {32 weeks!}

This has been a really good year for us, mainly because we are finally expecting our little baby. :) But we think that 2012 is going to be the best year since we got married. There are so many changes coming our way in 2012 and a lot of unknowns but just like we have for the past 5 years, we will get through it together because that is what we do. We are the best team. {I love you bubba.}

The nursery is coming along rather quickly now. We have all of the big furniture in the house... but we have to put together the dresser still. We picked it up yesterday and it was heavy, so we had to open the box from the Audi and carry the pieces into the house and upstairs bit by bit. There are SO many pieces to this dresser and the instructions have 34 steps to put this together. For all those people who warned us about the crib... the crib has nothing on this dresser. I am going to have to buy Brad lots of beer this weekend so we can get it together. Haha.
A million freaking pieces:

Once we get this bad boy put together then we just have the finishing touches to the nursery and it should done. Hooray. It feels like yesterday I was having a breakdown because I couldn't decide where to even start with the nursery. But now it's almost done and that makes me so happy. And relieved.

Today my belly feels bigger than usual. Which I am sure is right because I guess it still has some growing to do. ;)
From BabyCenter.com:
By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

Outside of the usual, getting up and sitting down is now getting a little more difficult. I try to avoid going up the stairs in the house more than I need to because I get winded realllllly easily. And our next appointment isn't for another 3 weeks....

So until next week...

<3 Brad, Jenna, & Bean

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better. Time is flying by! I love how you did the progression photo. It's fun to see. I can't wait to meet Bean in person... when she's forty weeks or later =) I'm going to send you mail now. Tell Brad good luck on the dresser! Happy New Year xxoo <3

    ReplyDelete