Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Year of the Bean! {33 weeks!}

My dear friend Ali dubbed this "The Year of the Bean" when she was sending me a Happy New Year text. I thought it was adorable and fitting, so I stole it. ;)

So we are officially under 50 days now. We only have 47 days until her due date. FOURTY. SEVEN. Where did this pregnancy go?? Are we ready? Absolutely not. Not ready mentally, physically (like can I carry around a 10 pound baby for even 15 minutes??), or in any other aspect. Luckily her nursery should be pretty much put together this weekend, which means I can FINALLY post pictures next week! YAY! I have a small laundry pile started for her with some of her bedding and clothes in it. The dresser is *almost* done. We have put in a total of 6 hours of labor into this dresser and it's still not complete. But that is because they gave us two screws that need a square tipped screwdriver which we didn't have, so we had to get one. Then we just have to hang some stuff and decorate. It is easily my favorite room in the house. :)
Brad putting the dresser together.
We spent our New Years Eve with some friends, which was nice. It was very relaxed. We watched the ball drop, listened to some Scottish guys play guitar and sing songs, laughed and had a good time. It was a very mellow New Years and I loved it. But we still miss spending our New Years Eves in beautiful European cities. We are so blessed to have been able to spend three years traveling around Europe.

New Years Eve! <3

Everyday I am feeling more and more pregnant. And not just because my belly is getting bigger. I feel it when I get up from the couch or bed, when I am walking (or waddling, rather), or when I get winded just by putting my jeans on... But yeah, my belly is living proof too. Like how I have to stand really far away from the sink when I do the dishes. Haha. And of course, there is always the kicks. She is pretty active nowadays. I think I read that now that there is more baby than amniotic fluid that her kicks are easier felt. That is a true statement. I also think that she has been getting the hiccups during the past 3 days. Brad felt them last night.

We scheduled our childbirth class and infant care class. January is actually really busy for us, so the earliest we could get into these classes were February 3rd & 4th. The only thing is, I will be 37.5 weeks along which is technically "full term". So keep sending those "stay in there until your due date" vibes, please. Haha.

The. Belly.
From weeks 33-36, Bean is the size of a honeydew! {Holy crap, I am 8 months pregnant! WHOA.}
This week according to BabyCenter.com:
This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds and has passed the 17-inch mark. She's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and her skeleton is hardening. The bones in her skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for her to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as her brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

Our next OB appointment is on January 18th. We were told that we would get an ultrasound during that appointment to make sure she is head down. You would think I would be able to tell by her kicks, but I have NO IDEA. Haha. I try my hardest to figure it out or even figure what she is jabbing me with but it's nearly impossible.
Oh, and my friend Ali is coming here during the weekend of January 21st to do our maternity photos! {Here is her website if you want to see her work!} I am so excited to see her and spend all weekend with her. Plus get some awesome photos done. :)

Until next week...

<3 Brad, Jenna & Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment