Friday, January 27, 2012

The Nursery - My favorite room in the house!


FINALLY! After 36.5 weeks, we have the nursery pretty much done. There are a few minor details and photos that I need to hang, but other than that, it is ready for Bean's arrival.

This was our first nursery item, if I remember correctly. It was a gift from our friends the Dolans and they gave it to us when we announced that Bean is a girl. :)

Once you enter her room, the crib is on the left side. There is plenty of closet space to hoard all of our stuff and then even more room left over for some of her things too. Haha.

 We couldn't have her walls bare but Brad didn't like the idea of hanging things above her bed for obvious reasons. But I was able to get away with some bunting flags and a hand painted letter on canvas that I did last night.

 We needed somewhere to hang our Audrey Hepburn picture and what better place than a little girl's room?

 This is her "toy corner". I was searching everywhere for an old wooden rocking horse and we got this gem on Craigslist for $20. It's a little bigger than I pictured in my head, but it doesn't help that this room is tiny. She also gets my guitar because honestly, we don't have anywhere else to put it. Plus maybe this will help her become the next Taylor Swift. ;)

This heart was given to us by a friend and I thought it was a perfect fit in her room. The curtains came with the house, but we are trying to find some dark colored ones (preferably black-out curtains) but it's really just not at the top of my priority list right now.

 This is the rocking corner. I have fallen asleep twice in that chair so far, so I think it's safe to say we picked a good one. The table that the lamp is sitting on was bought from a local antique shop. Above the chair on the shelves are a little owl city (one for each of us) and then a painting that my friend Anna did and gave me in high school. And then that is the dresser/changer that took us a total of 7 hours over two weekends to get put together.

 A horse shoe above her door for good luck.

 A lucky eye that we got in Egypt. I love the colors of this one and think that it fits perfectly in her room.

 A reminder to her that she can do anything she puts her mind to but that she has to put forth the effort.

 A close up of the shelves that are to the left of her crib. The top shelf is a postcard that my friend Anna sent me a long time ago and the bottom shelf is a green bug container that Brad painted for me when we lived in Belgium.

I really adore this bunting. <3

And finally a close up of the "a" that I painted last night.

So, there you have it. That is our small nursery. Our space was limited but I think we filled it well and practically. I think that this is everyone's favorite room in the house. I like to go in and sit on the glider and just relax. The dogs love to come and lay on the rug on the floor and they are content with that. This room is bright and welcoming but also peaceful and calming. I am hoping that Bean loves it as much as we do. 

<3 Brad, Jenna, and Bean

1 comment: