Thursday, January 19, 2012

Guess her arrival date! {35 weeks!}

This past weekend we took a wonderful trip to Annapolis, Maryland and I fell IN LOVE with this cute little city on the harbor. It was gorgeous and quaint and completely picturesque. We got to see the Naval Academy and the pier where the Slaves from the book Roots were brought it. We also saw tons of Midshipman in their uniforms walking around and three lonely people trying to "Occupy Annapolis" (really?!). We went out for dinner at a seafood restaurant on the waterfront and then relaxed in bed the rest of the night. It was a much needed break from being in our house.

Being silly in the hotel room :)
Taken by Brad <3
Taken by Brad <3
Gorgeous sunset

We are coming down to the wire now with only 33 days left until Bean's due date (yikes!) but I wanted to start a tally of when you all think she will be making her grand appearance because from what I have heard babies normally never arrive on their scheduled due date. While we were on our babymoon in Annapolis, we saw a sign, if you will, about when we think she will come. Our room number in our hotel was 222, so we took it as a sign and now think that Bean will arrive on 2/22, just one day after her due date. What do you guys think? :)

Our room.

Well, we had an OB appointment yesterday and it was probably the worst we have had so far this pregnancy. I recently read up on the difference between military care and civilian care for pregnancy and there seem to be a lot of differences. One of the main differences is that when you are in civilian care you will most likely see the same doctor through all of the prenatal appointments. However, in military care we have seen a different nurse, midwife, or doctor every single visit. And that honestly does not bother me, except when you run into a rude nurse, which is what happened yesterday.
This lady was condescending from the get go and I did not like her tone. She asked us if we had the hospital bag ready yet, to which I replied no because I still have 5 weeks left. And she was like "You don't want to wait until the last second, do you????" Um, no. But I don't need it to have it packed 5 weeks before she should even be arriving lady. Geez. And then I was told at my last appointment that we would be getting an ultrasound to ensure that Bean isn't breech, but of course that didn't happen either. When I asked about it, the nurse said that they normally don't do that until 36 weeks but then she said she didn't want to see me again until I was 38 weeks. None of this makes ANY sense to me. 37 weeks is considered full term and I was told that I should be being seen every week by now, but my next appointment is three weeks away. Brad suggested that we stop mentioning on the blog what we are expecting from our next appointment because it's always wrong and disappointing. So, all that happened at this appointment was we got to hear the heartbeat, they measured my uterus, and I got a strep test done. Who knows what is going to happen in three weeks. I'm starting to think these appointments are pointless. Luckily, between now and our next appointment, we have a Maternity Tour, an Infant care class, and a Childbirth class.



Brad's mom recently asked me if I think my belly has dropped any. I am going to go with no. It just keeps getting bigger. I am slowly (and sadly) watching my belly button disappear. (Please don't go little belly button.)
From BabyCenter.com:
Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that she's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds. Because it's so snug in your womb, she isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times she kicks should remain about the same. Her kidneys are fully developed now, and her liver can process some waste products. Most of her basic physical development is now complete — she'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

I know I said I was going to reveal the nursery this week, and I will, but there is so much going on in this post that I don't want to over crowd it. I will be posting the nursery this weekend though. :) It looks SO cute!

Now, before I close this blog post I want to take a few moments to mention something that happened to our dear friends Isaac and Hannah. They were expecting their first baby and Hannah was about 9 weeks behind me. She had some problems throughout her pregnancy and was on bed rest most of the time. Then on Friday, Hannah began having contractions at 26 weeks. They rushed her to the hospital and did an emergency C-Section. Samuel Isaac was born at 4:30pm on Friday January 13th and he passed away an hour later. My heart broke for them but they are strong and have God on their side. They got to meet their son and spend an our with him. They were blessed with the chance of being parents and amazing ones at that. Take a moment of your day and say a prayer for them. They are having a memorial service for him this week. I really wish we could be there with them. {Love you guys!}

<3 Brad, Jenna, & Bean

5 comments:

  1. :o( I'm so sad for your friends.... 2/22 sounds like a great day for bean to be born but I think she's eager to meet her awesome mommy & daddy. I'm guessing 2/12.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annapolis is a great little city. I love it.

    My two questions for you: are you waddling and do you have to pee all the time? Those were my two tells for when Caleb dropped (which he never did).

    Also, I saw different doctors through most of my pregnancy and even had 2 different docs there the night I delivered because there was a shift change in the middle of my labor. I really didn't have a problem with it either, like you, but I did encounter doctors that I wasn't happy with. Thank goodness the one I really disliked wasn't at the birth. I remember the last few weeks being a confusing time, not understanding when we would have different tests, etc, and when we would see the doctor more often. I tried to just remain calm and tell myself that the doctors knew what they were doing. Don't worry about the hospital bag either - we didn't have ours packed at all because I knew Caleb wasn't coming. That'll probably be top of your list when you start nesting. :-)

    Love to your friends who have lost their precious bundle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I have been waddling for the past 3 months, haha. But yes, my urge to pee is definitely notable now. Every time I get up I have to go.

      Delete
  3. It's truly heartbreaking to hear about Samuel. I have been thinking about him and your friends, Issac and Hannah. Thank you for the update and it's nice to know that they--in the very least--got to spend an hour with him. love to you all.

    Now on to you, Miss Jenna! I had to rotate through the doctors during the pregnancies. The boy was delivered by the doctor I liked the least, but he ended up being the doctor I liked the most because he really came through during the delivery. To make a long story short, he marked in my patient folder "asked a lot of questions." HAHA!

    TwoTwentyTwo. I like it! It's hard to believe the Bean will be here so soon. yeeeeeeeeeeee! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for you! The ladies at my OB office kind got on me about not packing my bag, but I waited until about a week before my due date. Fat lot of good it did me since she was a week late and I got induced. I can't wait to see the nursery I am sure I will be green with envy. Its awesome that you went to Annapolis on your babymoon, I went there in 08, and I LOVED it too. I think I have a picture on that same pier! Anyway, miss your face, and I am definitely praying for your friends. What a heartbreak, I cried for a couple minutes just reading about it.

    ReplyDelete