Thursday, January 12, 2012

Is 9 months enough time? {34 weeks}

Okay, a pregnancy is technically 10 months long, but that first month you are still in the finding out process so you miss out on a whole month of preparation right from the start. But even as the months go on, you don't want to start doing things too early in case something happens. So by the time you are comfortable with actually preparing for this baby to arrive you are around 20 weeks along. Meaning you have 20 weeks to get a nursery together, get some baby clothes, baby gear, and mentally prepare yourself. That is just not enough time.
But here we are with a little less than 6 weeks until our due date, STILL getting things ready. With that being said, no nursery reveal this week. Haha. We have a few more minor things to do before I want to show it off in all it's beautiful glory. So let's cross our fingers for next week. ;)

We did get some of her laundry done and put away though:
Baby clothes are SO small!
We are finally doing our "babymoon" this weekend. We initially wanted to do a long weekend somewhere exotic and warm, but came to our senses and opted for something that we could afford. Haha. So we found a Living Social deal for a one night stay at a Marriott (which is our favorite hotel) in Annapolis, Maryland. So we will be going there this weekend. We are pretty excited as we haven't been to Annapolis yet and from what we have seen in pictures it is gorgeous. Plus it will be a nice break from being at home where we have so much to do. I'm ready for our babymoon. :)

Don't mind my swollen fingers, haha.
People keep asking me if I am uncomfortable and ready for the baby to come already. The answer is no. Not at all. I mean, okay, it can be uncomfortable at times. I have trouble getting comfortable for bed. I am easily winded. Pregnancy is hard. But I seriously love every second of it. I love my belly. I love her kicks and movements. I really think I am going to miss this a lot. Plus, she still has 6 weeks of growing to do.

From BabyCenter.com:
Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies. 

Our next appointment is next Wednesday. We will be getting another ultrasound, so maybe I will try and have Brad record a video of it. :) I'm excited to see how much she has grown from 20 weeks.

Until next week...

<3 Brad, Jenna & Bean

1 comment:

  1. the dresser is finished! yay!

    have a fun on your babymoon =)

    ReplyDelete