Thursday, January 26, 2012

Blessed... {36 weeks}

Last week one of my co-workers surprised me with a baby shower at work. She was planning this for I think a month and I had NO idea. She said that a on a number of occasions people from the office almost blew it by saying something to me, but I never caught on. Thank you pregnancy brain. Haha. It was such a pleasant surprise. So many people were there celebrating this wonderful time in our life, I just wish that Brad was able to be there.

Some pictures taken by my Chief.
I wish that I had a picture of me standing in my uniform to show how tent-ish it really is. I will have to remember to take one this weekend.

After all the excitement of the baby shower, and after washing and putting away all the baby clothes that we got from the baby shower, the weekend just kept getting better. Our friend Ali flew down from Michigan to take our maternity pictures for us. Getting your pictures done by a friend (who is also an amazing photographer) is the best because you don't feel nearly as nervous and awkward. You feel comfortable with the person and you know that they want you to LOVE your photos. So it was a pretty fun weekend for us. Here is a sneak peek of one of the shots she took with her iPhone camera. (No, she did not use her iPhone camera for the whole shoot, she just wanted a few to have on her camera. Haha.)

Photo by Ali @ Alison Claire Photography


My belly grows larger every single day. You would think that it would have evened out by now, but no. And I am pretty sure I am about to lose my belly button any day now. Haha.

From BabyCenter.com:
Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement.
At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Most likely she's in a head-down position. But if she isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an "external cephalic version," which is a fancy way of saying she'll try to coax your baby into a head-down position by manipulating her from the outside of your belly.

I do have some bad news. I forgot to upload the pictures of the nursery so I don't have them with me right now. I will either add them tonight or do a post for the nursery tomorrow. Promise!

This weekend our friend Anna is coming to visit us and we are having a baby shower at my friend Helene's house. This has been a really good month. I love 2012 already. :) Then next week we have our maternity tour and baby classes. The next 26 days are going to FLY BY. Holy crap, we are going to be parents.

<3 Brad, Jenna, & Bean

1 comment: